Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day 2

i dont know exactly why im numbering my blog entries, as i havent set myself a timed guideline for trying paleo. ive just finished a 30-day isagenix cleanse, and am so suffocated by the "x-amount of days to go" mentality that im trying to liberate myself as much as possible. but im so interested in tracking my progress that i want to assign each new factor of well-being to a date.

what ive concentrated on today is paleolithic exercise. today, i didnt step foot in the gym. instead, my neighborhood basketball court:

3 sets of 25 squats
3 sets of 10 incline push-ups
3 sets of 10 bench jumps
3 sets of 10 tricep dips
3 sets of 2-75yd sprints

it will be hard to convince myself that fat is good for me, but even harder to break through my current exercise routine. i see the importance of these power exercises but feel so much more accomplished after a 2-3 mile run.

one major difference ive already noted is how i feel after eating. i feel completely full, almost to the point of not finishing some of my meals, but my stomachs size doesnt explode like usual. i dont have the usual unbutton-my-pants feeling that comes after eating the same sized meals of pre-paleolithic meals. this is something that has ALWAYS plagued me, even to the point of questioning dining companions on their own post-meal stomach size. i love this for two reasons, one is that it is blindingly more healthy than my previous tradition, but also because i dont have to plan my wardrobe around what my stomach feels like after eating!

for breakfast i had a 3-egg omelet with 2 pieces of bacon, avocado, bell peppers, and spinach. also, some fresh fruit on the side, which i think ill begin to omit- as fruit is a great way to add up those pesky sugars.


i stopped at whole foods for some pumpkin muffin supplies, (a coconut flour/oil recipe) and also picked up a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken breast and thigh set. ate that for lunch with more avocado, spinach, and an egg. as for the pumpkin muffins...


...they tasted like pumpkin. and not a particularly sweet pumpkin either. 

also, the paleo recipe called for maple syrup...is that allowed? and im becoming more confused on the inclusion of sweet potatoes, coffee, and dark chocolate? rule-bending at its best?  

No comments:

Post a Comment