Wednesday, October 26, 2011

...or does it?

thought this was fun for my newly-trained eye to catch


boy did i cheat these past few days! although the above nutri-grain bar is not mine, i may as well have added that to my non-paleo binge. i am my weakest when i am with my friends! i am too social to resist the temptations of being out all day drinking and eating with my favorite people. i had red wine and tequila. i had fresh mozzarella cheese in a salad, i had trail mix from a bag, and i had a vanilla cinnamon latte that was deafeningly calling my name. in the span of 2 days i became so frustrated by not being surrounded by options that i instead caved. this only happens when i am out of town visiting my girlfriend, away from whole foods, away from gluten-free snack bars, and away from my own fridge. unfortunately these out-of-town visits are averaged out to about once a week, and i cant afford to abandon all the effort of the previous week just because im removed from my home. im working on a remedy and have reached two conclusions, i either convince my girlfriend to go paleo as well (most likely not going to happen) or i schedule a second grocery shopping trip every week, one for myself, and one for our meals when im visiting in delaware. its pretty frustrating to think about- why do i have to do all this planning ahead, and recipe research, and financial preparation- cant i just eat like everyone else?! but...this is me discovering what lifestyle works best for me, so i know it is well worth the effort. 

when all my cheating is said and done, i actually dont feel too bad about my decisions. simplistically, yes, i broke my own rules- and thats a shame, but when "cheating" counts as fresh cheese, steamed milk, and a salted almond or two- i can feel pretty ok about it. 

after all, for every 1 cheat, there was about 5 things i simultaneously resisted: pizza, frozen yogurt, chinese food, mashed potatoes, japanese beer, and makers mark (this last one was real hard.) 

off to the gym and back on the wagon!

No comments:

Post a Comment