Tuesday, September 25, 2012

i think this is my rut

sunday, super scary weightlifting day:
8oz coffee at 9am
mixed nuts and dried fruits around 1pm, after my weight in and another 8oz coffee...

after the hookgrip classic on sunday i went out to mixto with amanda to celebrate, i was super good and we got guacamole with plantain chips to start and then for dinner the all-holy bandeja tipica: flank steak, 2 eggs, avocado, crispy pork rind, chorizo, and a little bit of rice. i had one glass of wine here and started to fall asleep at the table. afterwards i went out for a bit with some friends and didnt eat anymore but had a little more red wine to drink, this was not a good idea.

early monday morning i caught a bus to dc to visit with my family for a few days. i was feeling the wine and was absolutely kicking myself for over-doing it. my dad surprised me with crabs (a belated birthday present) once i arrived, complete with melted GRASS FED butter. hallelujah. i had six or seven id say, then called it quits because i had a 430pm class to go to @ crossfit bethesda and was feeling really self-conscious about smelling like seafood.

after the class, my family and i went to visit my aunt luisa and cousin tito in virginia. they of course had just finished pan-frying some flautas for us. this is your basic taquito, but stuffed with potatoes instead of meat. i was ravenous after class and not gonna lie, SUPER excited about eating some homemade authentic mexican food, even if it was your basic tortilla rolled up in simple fashion, it was made with love nonetheless. i had 5, complete with jalapeno salsa. luisa poured me a glass of wine without me even asking so that was just sitting in front of me the whole time, but i asked for a water instead.

then...my period hit me. now im going nuts because i was on the HUNT last night for any kind of chocolate or sweet morsel i could get my hands on. i had a banana that i started to dip in some melted chocolate that i stole from my little brother. and this morning my dad had some almond cake with shaved almonds and some kind of marzipan all over it and i found out that almond treats are my new weakness and i grabbed a fork and i stole a bite and i felt like a big cheater because even if my dad saw me eat that he would yell at me and say he didnt approve but then WHY DOES HE BUY THIS SHIT WHEN I COME HOME?! its like the birthday cake he put in the fridge for me, but when i pulled it out to look at it he started to make these disapproving tongue clicking noises...what the hell??

needless to say, im pretty cranky right now, so im going to go find the chocolate flavored coconut water i brought home and see if that does a damn thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment